Thursday, May 21, 2009

Containment Unit-flat texture>bump maps>model

This post will show my process in creating a texture and applying it to a 3D model. The object which I will render is a simple one, that I have been focusing and experimenting on for awhile-metal containers. After looking up some for a good idea of how they look, (you wouldn't believe the small but important details you would miss just working from your head) I went into Photoshop and created an image map:
CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE


Afterward, I created a texture map, which uses greyscale values to determine how deep areas rise and fall, and apply the appropriate shadows when rendered:


Finally, I create a primitive rectangular prism, and apply both the colour map and texture map in Strata 3D CX, and rendered it:


Although the top and ends feature the broad side's mapping, the focus of this was simply in one area.

No comments:

Post a Comment