Saturday, May 1, 2010

Next semester's plans

Sitting here in C++ programming, and drawing concept art for my next project. The ship is starting to get a little stagnant for me, and I solely blame myself for getting way too ambitious before I knew what I was able to actually do. By the time I was able to start even texturing, I found that everything was pretty much done WRONG. Had I made my interior stuctures in square faces, I'd probably be done! So anyway, I'm going to see this project through to the end, just as I had with my little tiki hut. I have gone a far way and many respects, but I still have to go further. So next semester, I'm working with a friend of mine who has been working on an excellent midieval/fnatasy character, and I am going to be building an environment for him. I've attained quite a collection of reference images already this morning, and have buckled down on making concept drawings. this one won't be as ambitious in terms of scale, but it will all be focued on making a good cohesive environment, with efficient modelling, and excellent texures. Plus the fact that it will be a collaborative effort, it will be a plus for the both of us when we get our portfolios shown to major studios. As soon as I get some good drawings done, and I get home from my other soon-to-be previous engagements, there will be some concept art postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment